search instagram arrow-down

Tweetings

Get Social

Honesty is important in recovery.

Honestly, right now I really miss drinking – not getting drunk – just drinking beer & bourbon. I feel the same way about smoking, sometimes.

I know it’s worth it, and I’m not going to drink, but sometimes this shit is fucking hard.

It’s time to go to bed. Things will feel better in the morning.

9 comments on “Let me be honest

1. bgddyjim says:

Yep. Those tough times get spread out over time. I always like to remember that I never have to relive those days again as long as I stay on the right path. I just keep coming back.

Liked by 2 people

1. damien says:

Thanks, Jim. I just need to put it out there sometimes. I know things are much better on this path.

Liked by 1 person

1. bgddyjim says:

I’ll say! My nephew just OD’d on Molly the other day. He’s in a world of hurt right now.

2. damien says:

Sorry to hear that. I’ll keep him in my thoughts. Hope he finds his way out of that hell.

Liked by 1 person

3. bgddyjim says:

You and me both, brother. Thank you.

2. Yes, hard, but not the hardest day. God’s got this. You’re no fighting alone. Cling to Him..

Liked by 1 person

1. damien says:

Thanks Christina. It’s good to be reminded that I’m not alone.

Liked by 1 person

3. byebyebeer says:

Nothing like going to bed. It cures 95% of what ails me, and the cravings, those get less and less frequent and fierce. I know you know this, but still want to say.

Liked by 1 person

1. damien says:

It’s always good to here it. Sometimes I need more reinforcement than the next guy.

Liked by 1 person