search instagram arrow-down

Tweetings

Get Social

It’s 90°F and the Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend.My wife is headed out if town and I will have my eight year old son in my own this weekend. It’s going to be hot tomorrow too.

Of course, the AC would go on the fritz today. Murphy’s Law.

It would be easy to let it get to me and to loose my shit about it. In the past I would have bitched up a storm, maybe thrown my phone across the room, and definitely drank over it — because that was how I dealt with everything, whether it was good or bad.

But not today.  See, I know that it’s out of my control and so I’m choosing to roll with it. I’ve learned that I can’t control events, things, or other people — but I can control myself.

And if I choose to keep my side of the street clean, everyone around me is much happier. And that makes me happier.

So, I called the HVAC guys we use. Predictably it may not be today. Maybe tomorrow. John needs to look at the schedule and call me back.

img_2479

That’s okay. We will survive.

It will be cool at night and it’s not supposed to be as hot tomorrow as today. And even cooler on Sunday and Monday. I know this because I was able to stay calm and look at the forecast.

So, I’m celebrating this as a little victory. The fact that I am not losing my shit and am calmly writing this post is a win.

I guess this is what they call growth, and I’m actually quite proud of myself.

10 comments on “WTF, the AC is on the fritz…

1. noddysober says:

Hi buddy! That’s progress. Enjoy your weekend with your son.

Liked by 1 person

1. damien says:

Thanks Noddy! Hope you have a nice weekend too!

2. Mark Goodson says:

Keep calm and sober on.
    I’ll be camping in the PA woods. State College actually!

Liked by 1 person

1. damien says:

Nice! If you’re at Stone Valley there’s a pair of my glasses on the bottom of the lake – if you’re bored and need something to search for…

Liked by 2 people

3. You could go fishing!
    It’s cool by the lake!
    Have fun with your little buddy!
    xo
    Wendy
    PS -I lost control of my emotions this week for the first time in a long time, and I did not like it, as it did not help anything.

Liked by 2 people

4. My AC is out too.
    90’s today and tomorrow.
    Hang in there and we will too

Liked by 1 person

5. That is progress! Celebrating with you on this and hoping for a cool breeze !

Liked by 1 person

1. damien says:

Definitely progress. We’ve been blessed with cool nights and lower temperatures over the weekend.

Liked by 1 person

6. You made it! (Right?)

Liked by 1 person

1. damien says:

I made it. Still working on getting the AC fixed. Good news is that it’s under warranty. Bad news is it’s been a hassle getting things lined up because the company that installed is going out of business – but I can see the finish line.